Friday, August 8, 2008

Girls Weekend

My sisters and I got together last weekend at Misti's (my parent's) house and had so much fun being free of responsibilities. We had great food, lots of laughs, and the making of more memories than some of want to take claim to. I am sure that some stories ... especially those from the rec center will be embellished and brought up for years to come, even to the embarrassment of my poor children. (Old age has a way of not letting your body work the way you dream of.) It did result in a great ab workout as well as a bruise on the hip and a good headache.

We got a lot of back-to-school shopping done and spent more money than Shane needs to know about. We did try to make the most of our time together by staying up late (even late for my standards). We had a good round of "Singing Star" and even got some games in before bed each night. It was nice not having to be up early to attend to children in the morning.

On Saturday night, Tason, Tayosha, and Traxten had toilet papered us and tried to pull some pranks on us, so later that night, we went and got them back. You figure who got the best of whom.












This is Tason, Tayosha, and Traxten's handiwork.













If you ask me, I'd take the clean-up that we had vs. the clean-up at the other Turek house.

We each went home with a "sleep deprivation hangover" but more importantly, a lot of fun memories to add to the list of memorable moments with some of my most favorite people in the world!

Thanks Shane for taking care of the kids at home so I could go and be carefree for a few days out of the year! He even managed to get a "side project" taken care of. The things he can accomplish with 5 children at home puts me to shame.

1 comment:

Morgie said...

I wonder how Tason's face looked when he saw his car!!!